- University of South Dakota, Undergraduate
- University of South Dakota, MBA
- University of South Dakota School of Law
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Commissioner 2015-2018
- Law School Committee (Chairman, 2016-Present)
- State Bar of Arizona
- Religious Liberty Law Section
- Brown County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- South Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- CJA Panel Selection Committee
- South Dakota Federal Practice Committee
Admitted to Practice:
- State and Federal Courts in South Dakota
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Courts in Arizona
Marshall was raised in Aberdeen, South Dakota. He received, with honors, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the University of South Dakota in 2003 and an MBA in 2008. After spending time in Scottsdale, Arizona, Marshall attended law school at the University of South Dakota, graduating in 2008 and then serving as law clerk for the Honorable Charles B. Kornmann, U.S. District Court for the District of South Dakota. Marshall joined the firm in 2010.
Along with his professional activities, Marshall is the President of the Aberdeen Public Schools Foundation Board of Directors, serves on the Avera St. Luke’s Hospital Board of Directors, the Avera St. Luke’s Hospital Ethics Committee and the Federal Practice Committee. Marshall is also a regular lecturer at the South Dakota American Legion’s Boys State program.
Practicing primarily in the areas of criminal defense, family law, and municipal law, Marshall lives in Aberdeen with his wife and three daughters.